Ethan always had a reputation of loving his veggies. But now that he is older and wiser, he is realizing that those green beans, peas, and carrots just can’t compete with all the other yummy foods available (he loves avocado, but that doesn’t count as a veggie, technically). Mommy has had to get creative in order to get her little boy to eat a healthy diet. Here are some techniques that have met Ethan’s approval:
- Place the 1 cm long green bean piece upright on the table and make a sucking sound (like the dentist tool). Ethan will then put his head down, suck the green bean right up, and giggle.
- Cut the green bean up in 1 cm pieces and stick one on a prong of the fork. Make the fork “walk” towards Ethan and say “mmmm… one green bean fork”. Ethan will then grab the fork, make it walk, and then gleefully put it in his mouth and eat off the green bean. After many successful attempts, then try “two green bean fork”.
- Swoosh a green bean piece in some wild berry balsamic vinegar. Delicious!
- Put a pea on a spoon and add rolled oats with it. Ethan loves rolled oats! Add some yogurt in the mix for extra flavor.
- Put a raison or better yet, a tiny piece of banana on the prong of the fork along with the green bean. Yummy!
- Green beans on a fork with a piece of cheese, of course. ;-)
Written by Beth